‘Kitchen Saver’ Fresh Blended Turmeric
Fresh Blended Turmeric has a warm, bitter taste and is frequently used to flavour or colour curry powders, mustards, butters and cheeses. Turmeric is well known for its potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Not only it makes your dishes more tasty but it provides great benefits to your health too.
Let’s Make Tasty And Comforting Red Lentil Soup With ‘Kitchen Saver’ Fresh Blended Turmeric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of ‘Kitchen Saver’ Fresh Blended Turmeric
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 large stalks celery, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more as needed
- 1 cup dried red lentils
- 4 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 1/2 large lemon)
- For serving: Olive oil, yogurt, parsley, cilantro or other topping (optional)
- Heat the olive oil. In a medium saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat until shimmering. Add the carrot, celery, onion, and salt and stir to combine. Cover and let the vegetables sweat, stirring occasionally, until the onions are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the red lentils, turmeric, water or broth and bay leaf. Bring it up to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and let it simmer, covered, until the lentils begin to fall apart, about 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the lemon juice. Taste and season with salt as needed. Ladle into bowls and serve with toppings of your desire.
Storage: Leftovers will keep refrigerated for 5 days. More topping options: To perk up the soup just before serving, top it with a drizzle of peppery olive oil, a dollop of plain yogurt.
Recipe variations: This recipe is just the basics. You can certainly add a teaspoon of garam masala, Italian herbs, or any other seasoning blend to spice things up a bit if you like. Just add the spices in along with the lentils and broth.
To know more about turmeric, please click here
To see more food products on HalalStreet UK, please click here