‘Kitchen Saver’ Fresh Blended Bird’s Eye Chilli
‘Kitchen Saver’ Fresh Blended Bird’s Eye Chilli are small, thin, pointy peppers that are red when mature. The bird’s eye chili is small but is quite hot. It is an excellent source of vitamin C and vitamin A. Malaysians love their curries and sauces spicy and fiery hot.Thus they use bird’s eye chilli a lot in their authentic cuisines.
Sambal ikan bilis is a fiery hot sauce made with dried anchovies, chillies, belacan (shrimp paste). It is a great accompaniment to many Asian dishes including Nasi Lemak. This recipe makes about 1 cup.
- 1 Pack Of Kitchen Saver’ Fresh Blended Bird’s Eye Chilli (The Amount To Use Is Up To Your Preference)
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Onion – Roughly Chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Shrimp Paste Or Powder
- 20 Grams Ikan Bilis (Dried Anchovies) Washed And Dried
- 3 Tablespoons Of Oil
- 150 Ml Water
- 2 Teaspoon Tamarind Paste Concentrate
- 3 Teaspoons Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt Or To Taste
- Clean And Wash The Dried Anchovies. Pat It Dry On A Paper Towel.
- Blend The Bird’s Eye Chilli, Garlic, Onion, Shrimp Paste And Ikan Bilis In A Food Processor To Form A Paste.
- Heat The Oil In A Small Saucepan, Add The Blended Paste And Cook On Medium Heat For About 6 Minutes. Stirring All The Time, Until The Colour Darkens Slightly.
- Mix In The Water, Tamarind Paste, Sugar, And Salt. Continue To Cook And Stir For Another 10 Minutes, Until The Mixture Is Thick And Most Of The Liquid Has Reduced.
- Adjust The Seasoning To Your Liking By Adding More Salt, Sugar Or Tamarind Paste If Required.
- Store In A Glass Jar In The Fridge.
- Goes Well With Rich Coconut Rice (Nasi Lemak), White Rice, Bread And Capati.
To know more about bird’s eye chilli, please click here
To see more food products on HalalStreet UK, please click here