‘Kitchen Saver’ Ground Dried Chilli
‘Kitchen Saver’ Ground Dried Chilli is well blended with no seeds left around and thick in texture. This produces a smooth and fine texture of a paste. The visible difference of our dried chilli blend when compared to other brands in the market is that is thhat it does not contain any thickening agent, additional preservatives, MSG or any food colouring.
Let’s Make Instant Prawn Sambal (Spicy Sauce) With ‘Kitchen Saver’ Ground Dried Chilli
- 1 Kg Of Prawns (Cleaned, De-Veined And Washed, Leaving The Tail Intact. Pat Dry On A Paper Towel So That The Oil Does Not Splatter When Pan-Fried)
- 1 Pack ‘Kitchen Saver’ Ground Dried Chilli
- 1 Onion (Thinly Sliced)
- Cilantro Or Spring Onion For Garnish
- Sugar And Salt
- 1 Small Lime
- Pour some oil in a heated pan or wok. Pan-fry the prawns on both sides till they are cooked. Do in batches and drain them of excess oil on a paper towel. Leave them aside.
- In the same heated pan or wok with the balance oil after pan-frying, add in the sliced onion. Saute for a minute or 2 until the onions soften. (The same oil was used as it has a lot of umami flavour in it.)
- Add in the Ground Dried Chilli and give a good mix. Let it simmer for another 2 minutes or so. Do a taste-test to see if the sauce is up to your expectation. Add sugar and salt to balance the spiciness and heat.
- Add in the prawns and give a good toss and mix. Ensure that all the prawns are coated with this yummy chilli sauce. If you find the sauce too thick, add in some water to thin it. Do a final taste test.
- There is no necessity to cook for long as the prawns have been pan-fried. Give another 2 minutes to simmer and the dish would be ready.
- Switch off the stove and squeeze the juice of half of the lime. Give a final mix and plate it up.
- Garnish with cilantro or spring onions and serve with steaming rice, bread or capati. Enjoy!
To know more about preparing dried chilli paste, please click here
To see more food products on HalalStreet UK, please click here