Wanton Noodles are thin and springy noodles tossed in a delectable savoury sauce, flavourful garlic oil, and served with homemade succulent wontons and slices of BBQ Chicken . They are so good and satisfying.
A wanton is a type of Chinese dumpling commonly found across regional styles of Chinese cuisine. It is filled with minced meat of your choice or veggies like carrots and water-chestnut for vegans. The wantons are shaped in various ways. It can be fried in oil, pan-fried, steamed or boiled in soup. Whichever way you choose to savour it, it gives you that extra texture , flavour and crunch.
How to make a bowl of hearty noodle soup.
- 1 or 2 Wanton Noodles
- Vegetable stock (or any stock of your choice)
- Leafy greens (Chinese Spinach or Mustard leaves)
- 1 teaspoon garlic oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Spring onion or fried shallots for topping
- Cook the Noodles to perfection by boiling in hot water for a few minutes. Keep stirring and do not cook it for too long. It will turn mushy. Drain the noodles and leave it in a bowl to cool down.
- Heat up the vegetable stock and drop in the green vegetable. Cook only for a few minutes as the vegetables will lose its crunchiness.
- Pour the garlic oil and sesame oil on the Wonton Noodles in the bowl and mix well . Then pour the vegetable broth on the noodles.
- Top with chopped spring onions or fried shallots. Serve while still hot.
You can variate this soup with chicken broth, chicken pieces and even shrimps. This is a feel good comfort food on a cold winter day.
To know more about Wonton noodles, please click here
To see more food products on Halalstreet UK, please click here