Sambal (Spicy Sauce) is a quintessential condiment in most Malaysian homes. It’s a traditional recipe that consists of ingredients that can be found in the gardens of most Malaysian homes. Flavours of red chilli, shallots, garlic and lime juice blended into one versatile sauce. NekNor has captured these flavours in one convenient jar just for you. Savour this Malaysian sambal on its own or with Nasi lemak. You can also pair it with normal steamed rice, noodles and pasta. Add it to your recipes for an authentic Malay flavour.
NekNor Sambal (Spicy Sauce) can be used as a Paste for making chili prawn, squid, fish, or chicken.
A 20 minutes recipe
There’s nothing more disappointing that eating a big, plump, juicy-looking prawn in your mouth only to find it’s rubbery and dry. So, every prawn recipe has to be a quick recipe because otherwise you’ll overcook the prawn! This NekNor Sambal (Spicy Sauce) Prawns certainly fits the bill. Here’s how it goes:
- NekNor Sambal (Spicy Sauce)
- Cooking oil
- Capsicum and Tofu (optional)
- Sugar and Salt (Optional to suit your taste buds)
- De-vein and clean the prawns – 10 minutes
- Sear prawns in the pan (Flip each side to cook well) – 5 minutes
- Pour NekNor Sambal (Spicy Sauce) in a pan and simmer sauce until syrupy – 3 minutes
- Toss prawns into sauce and mix well – 2 minutes
- Now you have a quick and spicy chilli prawn dish ready in a matter of minutes
Note: If you want some vegetables or extra protein in your dish, you can add in capsicum or fried tofu for more flavour, crunch and texture.
Total time – 20 minutes
To know more about Sambal, please click here
To see more HalalStreet food products, please click here