‘Cercuba’ Meat In Spicy Sauce is an authentic and traditional dish that is enjoyed by Malaysians. Once, this dish was only cooked during festive seasons and special gatherings. But nowadays it has been added in the weekly menu of each household in Malaysia. It tastes a little spicy but well balanced with sweetness and saltiness. This makes the dish special, tasty and delicious. it goes well with steaming rice, rich coconut rice (nasi lemak), glutinous rice (pulut) and boiled rice cakes (ketupat).
Let’s Cook Rich Coconut Rice to go with ‘Cercuba’ Meat In Spicy Sauce
- 2 cups of fragrant rice
- 3 screwpine (pandan) leaves, tie them into a knot to release their juice
- salt to taste
- 1 can coconut milk (5.6 oz. / /150 ml-180 ml)
- some water
Method of Cooking Rich Coconut Rice to go with ‘Cercuba’ Meat In Spicy Sauce :
Just like cooking steamed rice in the rice cooker
- Rinse your fragrant rice a few times and drain.
- In the rice cooker pot, add the coconut milk, a pinch of salt, pandan leaves and some water. Give a good stir.
- Add in the rice and give another good mix. The liquid must be 1 inch above the rice.
- Place the pot in the rice cooker and let your rice cook.
- Once the rice is cooked, your entire kitchen would be lingering with the fragrant aroma of the pandan leaves.
- Enjoy your rich coconut rice with ‘Cercuba’ Meat In Spicy Sauce.