Cik Midah Sambal To’mat (Tomatoes in spicy sauce) – Pack of 3
You can add other ingredients to this Cik Midah Sambal To’mat (Tomatoes in spicy sauce), such as diced eggplant, ginger, curry leaves, watercress and nuts. This is a basic condiment that can be served with any meal e.g. steamed white rice, nasi lemak (rich coconut rice) , nasi minyak (Flavoured yellow rice), thosai (Indian crepe), roti canai (fluffy crispy bread), fried chicken, fried beef, lamb, noodles and porridge. Has a shelf life of 1 year. Best stored in the pantry before opening and in the refrigerator after opening.
How to make a quick Vegetarian Stir-Fry Mee Hoon (Rice Vermicelli) with Cik Midah Sambal To’mat (Tomatoes in spicy sauce)
- Cik Midah Sambal To’mat (Tomatoes in spicy sauce)
- Rice vermicelli
- Sugar, Salt and fresh chilli (Optional)
- Shred carrots and cabbage
- Bloom rice vermicelli in hot water for 5 to 10 minutes until soft. (Don’t over cook it as it will turn lumpy and mushy)
- Pour Cik Midah Sambal To’mat (Tomatoes in spicy sauce) in a wok or pan. Just warm it up as it is already ready to eat.
- Add in the bloomed rice vermicelli after draining from the water
- Toss and mix the sauce and rice vermicelli till rice vermicelli is coated well in the sauce
- Add in shredded carrots and cabbage and stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Give it a good toss and turn and your tasty stir fry rice vermicelli is ready
Note: When you pour the sauce in the wok, taste it. If you find that you need to add some salt, sugar and chilli to suit your taste buds, go ahead. If not this sauce has everything in the right proportion.
There are no measurements given in this recipe as start small and build your way up. The sky’s the limit when it comes to experimenting and whipping up something new from something that you have in the pantry and refrigerator.
To know more about sambal, please click here
To see more food products on HalalStreet UK, please click here