Coconut Flavoured Cookies
Coconut is the fruit of the coconut palm (Cocos nucifera). It’s used for its water, milk, oil, and tasty meat. Coconuts have been grown in tropical regions for more than 4,500 years but recently increased in popularity for their flavour, culinary uses, and potential health benefits.
Here are 5 health and nutrition benefits of coconut.
- Coconut meat is tasty and slightly sweet, and you can enjoy it raw or dried. Many related products are produced from it, including coconut milk, cream, and oil.
- Although coconut meat is high in fat, the MCTs it contains may help you lose excess body fat. The meat also provides carbs and protein along with many essential minerals, such as manganese, copper, iron, and selenium.
- Eating coconut may improve cholesterol levels and help decrease belly fat, which is a risk factor for heart disease.
- Coconut is low in carbs and rich in amino acids, healthy fats, and fiber, making it a great choice for blood sugar control.
- Coconuts contain polyphenol antioxidants that can protect your cells from damage, which may reduce your disease risk.