Nestle’s Nestum All Family Cereal Original 500g
Nestle’s Nestum All Family Cereal is the Perfect Breakfast Cereal drink for people on the move. It has become a popular breakfast alternative around the world. It is hard to find a household without a box of cereal drink mix in their pantry.
How to make Nestle’s Nestum Cereal cookies
Makes about 30 bite-size cookies
For the cookie dough:
- 50g Nestum cereal
- 100g unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 60g icing sugar, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste or extract
- 30g egg, about 2/3 of one egg
- 120g all purpose / plain flour
- 10g cornflour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
To coat the cookies:
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon milk
- about 20g Nestum cereal for coating
- Preheat the oven to 160°C / 320°F.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking papers. Spread 50g Nestum cereal on one prepared baking tray. Bake for 7-8 mins or until lightly toasted and fragrant. Set aside to allow cereal to cool completely.
- Using a wooden spoon or an electric mixer with paddle attachment. Beat butter, icing sugar and vanilla until combined and fluffy. Add egg bit by bit and beat well after each addition.
- Sift flour, cornflour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into the butter mixture. Add toasted Nestum cereal and use a spoon or spatula to mix until mixture is combined. Knead slightly until mixture forms a dough. (IMPORTANT: Do not over-knead the dough even if it is semi-loose and crumbly).
- Combine egg yolk and milk to form a egg wash mixture.
- Divide and gently squeeze tablespoonful of dough into balls.
- Arrange cookies dough onto the lined trays about 2-3 cm apart.
- Use your finger to flatten the cookies slightly and apply the egg wash mixture.
- Sprinkle some Nesrum;s cereal on each cookie.
- Bake for 20 mins, swapping the trays around halfway through baking or until thoroughly baked.
- Allow cookies to cool slightly on the tray for about 10-15 minutes, then transfer to racks to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy with your favourite beverage. Store any uneaten cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up 2 weeks. Happy Baking!!
To know more about Nestle, please click here
To see more food products on HalalStreet UK, please click here