SAMBAL HALIA FCJ (GINGER SAUCE) is a unique blend that is basically made of fresh young ginger together with red and green chilli padi (birds eye chilli). It goes well with anything that is fried or grilled. This sambal can also be used as a stir-fry ingredient for any poultry, seafood and rice dishes.
Benefits of ginger
- Ginger is high in gingerol, a substance with powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Just 1–1.5 grams of ginger can help prevent various types of nausea, nausea after surgery and morning sickness during pregnancy.
- Ginger may help improve weight-related measurements. These include body weight and the waist-hip ratio.
- Ginger to be effective at reducing symptoms of osteoarthritis, especially osteoarthritis of the knee.
- Ginger has been shown to lower blood sugar levels and improve various heart disease risk factors in people with type 2 diabetes.
- Ginger appears to speed up emptying of the stomach, which can be beneficial for people with indigestion and related stomach discomfort.
- Ginger appears to be very effective against menstrual pain when taken at the beginning of the menstrual period.
- Ginger may help fight harmful bacteria and viruses, which could reduce your risk for infections.
Ginger Garlic Prawns
- Sambal Halia FCJ
- Salt and Sugar (optional)
- De-vein the prawns and wash. Pat dry and leave aside.
- Chop garlic to small pieces. Cut onions into thin slices.
- Pour a little oil in a pan and sear the prawns well on both sides. Leave it aside.
- In the pan after searing the prawns, sauté the onions.
- Then add in the garlic. Don’t cook the garlic for long as it will turn bitter.
- Add in the Sambal Halia FCJ and mix well. Taste to see if it suits your taste buds. If not, you can add some sugar or salt to suit your taste.
- Lastly add in the seared prawns and give it a good toss.
- Your Ginger garlic prawns is ready now
Eat it with steamed rice, bread or top it on pastas and noodles.
Note: No exact measurements are given as you are experimenting. Start small and build your way up. The sky’s the limit when you are experimenting something new with some things you have in your refrigerator and pantry.
To know more about Sambal, please click here
To see more food products on HALALSTREET UK, please click here