Spicy Yellow Curry is a popular delicacy from the state of Negeri Sembilan in West Malaysia. It is a spicy curry dish made with coconut milk and bird’s eye chilli to give you the richness, spiciness and heat.
Let’s Make Instant Prawns In Spicy Yellow Curry
- 500g Prawns (Clean, De-Vein And Wash Them. Pat Dry Them On A Paper Towel So That They Don’t Splatter When Frying)
- 1 Pack Spicy Yellow Curry Paste
- 1 Cup Thick Coconut Milk
- 1 Cup Water
- Coriander Leaves
- Pour some oil in a heated frying pan. Pan-fry the prawns on both sides till pink in colour. Do the pan-frying in batches. Leave the pan-fried prawns on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Transfer the oil that was used to pan-fry the prawns to a heated cooking pot (The oil has a lot of umami flavour in it). Add in the Spicy Yellow Curry Paste and give a good mix. Let it cook for a minute or 2.
- Add in 1 cup of thick coconut milk and give a good stir. Let it simmer for a minute or 2 too.
- Add in water to thin the gravy a little bit. The amount of water depends on how thick or thin you want the gravy. Give a good stir.
- Finally drop in the pan-fried prawns and give a good mix. Ensure that the prawns are coated thoroughly with this yummy gravy. Since the prawns have been pan-fried, it will take only another minute to be ready.
- Switch of the stove and the Spicy Yellow Curry dish is ready to be served. Dish it up to a bowl and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Goes well with hot rice, pasta. bread and noodles.
To know more about Bird’s Eye Chilli, please click here
To see more food products on HalalStreet UK, please click here