‘DAPOQ KODIANG’ Salted Fish In Spicy Sauce is an age old recipe from a village in Kedah (Northern State in West Malaysia). The recipe has been passed down from 3 generations and a hot favourite among Malaysians.
Let’s Make ‘DAPOQ KODIANG’ Salted Fish In Spicy Sauce Spaghetti
- ½ pack Spaghetti (Cook the spaghetti Al Dante according to the instructions on the packet. Pour some olive oil in the boiling water but don’t salt the water as this sauce has salted fish in it. Drain the spaghetti and leave it aside to cool. Remember to save 1 cup of the pasta water for later usage.)
- Olive oil
- DAPOQ KODIANG’ Salted Fish In Spicy Sauce (Amount to be used is up to your preference)
- Coriander leaves or spring onion for garnish
- Sugar and salt (optional)
- In a heated wok or pan, add 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Then add 2 to 3 tablespoons (up to your desire) of the DAPOQ KODIANG’ Salted Fish In Spicy Sauce and give a good mix and stir. The amount of sauce to use depends on you. Do a taste test to see if it suits your taste buds. You can balance it with sugar and salt to suit your palate.
- Add in the cooked spaghetti and give a good toss. Ensure that every strand of the spaghetti is coated with this yummy spicy sauce. If it appears too thick, add in the pasta water you had saved earlier to thin the sauce.
- The dish is now ready to be served. Plate it up and garnish it with coriander leaves or spring onions.
- Serve it while its still hot. Enjoy!
To know more about Salted Fish, please click here
To see more food products on HalalStreet UK, please click here