Prawn Floss (Serunding Udang) is a side dish or condiment that goes well with hot steamed rice, pulut (glutinous rice), ketupat(boiled rice cakes) and lemang (Lemang is made of glutinous rice and coconut milk that is cooked inside the bamboo stalk). This prawn floss may taste sweet, hot and spicy according to the ingredients used.
Lets Make Bread Prawn Floss (Serunding Udang) Puffs
- 5 sandwich loaf bread slices (trim away the crusty edges)
- Prawn Floss (Serunding Udang) (amount is up to your preference)
- 1 potato (peeled, washed and boiled)
- Spring onion (chopped minutely)
- Cornstarch and water (mix until thick paste like glue)
- 1 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- Take a rolling pin and flatten the bread slices without edges. Leave them aside.
- Mash the boiled potatoes. Add in the prawn floss, mayonnaise and spring onions. Give a good mix and leave aside.
- Take 1 of the flattened slice of bread. Place a teaspoon or more of the filling in the middle. Gently apply the cornstarch mixture on the edges of the bread to stick them and fold into half. You can crimp the edges to make it look fancy.
- Place the bread puffs on a plate before frying. Repeat this process for the remaining 4 slices.
- Pour some oil in a frying pan. Pan-fry these puffs on both sides until they turn golden and crispy. No need to deep fry or cook for long as all ingredients are pre-cooked.
- The puffs are ready to be served. Goes well with ketchup, chilli sauce, honey mustard sauce and BBQ sauce.
Prawn Floss (Serunding Udang)
To know more about Dried Shrimps, please click here
To see more food products on HalalStreet UK, please click here