Niqab Muslimah is our first handmade Niqab. It meets the characteristics required by those who wear the Niqab while performing outdoor activities for a long period of time. Niqab Muslimah is made from high quality chiffon which is breathable and flows easily. it also has a wide opening in the area around the eyes which is suitable for those who wear spectacles.
Chiffon is a popular, decorative, lightweight fabric that is associated with elegance and luxury. Chiffon’s shimmery and sheer appearance has proliferated in fashion and design for centuries.
What Is the History of Chiffon?
Chiffon comes from the French word chiffe, which means cloth or rag. The first chiffons were made exclusively from silk. Since chiffon was primarily a silk fabric, it was very expensive and its use in fashion and design signified high status. In 1938, nylon chiffon was invented, and polyester chiffon came about in 1958. With the creation of these synthetic chiffons, the fabric became more accessible and therefore more popular for common use.
What Are the Characteristics of Chiffon?
Chiffon is a gossamer or gauze-like fabric that is known for its sheer, floating, and shimmery nature, almost like tissue paper.
- Sheer – Chiffon-fabric has a sheer, transparent appearance, and when held under a magnifying glass, it looks like a fine net or mesh.
- Rough feel – There are slight puckers in chiffon due to the alternating s-twist and z-twist yarns.
- Stretch – Chiffon has a slight spandex-like feel as a result of being woven in different directions. Silk chiffon has slightly more stretch than polyester chiffon, as silk is naturally more pliable.
- Strong – Chiffon fabric, both silk and synthetic, is extremely strong as a result of the twists of the yarns and the tight weave of the fabric.
- Shimmery – Chiffon has a shimmery surface. Silk chiffon has the most shimmer, while cotton chiffon is more matte.
To know more about Niqab, please click here
To see more on Muslimah wear in HalalStreet UK, please click here