‘ANAK ABAH’ Mini Pretzel
‘ANAK ABAH’ Mini Pretzel is a crunchy and delicious cookie, baked in the shape of a pretzel. They are crisp and not too sweet. Many Malaysians love them for 2 reasons. Firstly, is their pretzel shape and secondly is that they come in a few different local flavoured glazings that tantalize the taste buds.
Let’s elevate our Mini Pretzel to the next level by making M&M Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (250 g)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter (230 g), softened
- 1 cup brown sugar (220 g), packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar (100 g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup ANAK ABAH’ Mini Pretzel (128 g), plus more for topping
- 1 cup mini dark chocolate chips (128 g)
- 2 cups mini colourful M&M milk chocolates (256 g)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating to incorporate before adding the next.
- Add the flour mixture a bit at a time while beating, until it forms a smooth dough.
- Add the pretzels to a zip-lock bag and crush finely with a rolling pin.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and crushed pretzels until evenly combined. Refrigerate for half an hour.
- Take a ball of dough (size of a ping pong ball) and roll it well. Then flatten it on the palm of your hand. Place a few M&M chocolates in the middle of the flattened ball of dough.
- Fold the dough around the M&M chocolates, using a bit more to seal if necessary. Place on a well-greased or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-15 minutes, then remove from the oven.
- Immediately after taking out of the oven, while still hot, press a single mini pretzel on the top of each cookie. Let the cookies cool on a wire rack. Serve with a cold glass of milk or your favourite hot beverage.
- If you have some balance dough, you can freeze it and make another batch anytime you crave for these cookies.
- Great for gatherings, festive seasons and special occasions. Enjoy!