‘Kembara’ Lamb Kuzi (Curry) With Rainbow Rice is a travelers delight and companion from Kembara Ready To Eat Meals. It comes with slow cooked boneless Australian lamb shank braised in a rich and flavourful mix of spices and served with fabulously colourful Malaysian signature rainbow rice which originates from the Coastal states of Kelantan and Terengganu in West Malaysia.
Each pack comes complete with:
- 180g Rainbow Rice
- 130g Lamb Kuzi
- 1x pack of KEMBARA Food Warmer
- 1x piece of Plate
- 1x piece of Heavy Duty Spoon
Direction on how to use this Self-Heating Meal
- Open KEMBARA bag and remove all of its contents
- Tear KEMBARA food warmer plastic and insert food warmer pad into KEMBARA bag
- Insert food pouch. Ensure food warmer pad stays at the bottom
- Add 200ml of boiling hot water up to the FILL LINE. Quickly seal bag. Let stand for 7-10 minutes
- Carefully remove food pouch, tear and enjoy your hot meal!
‘Kembara’ Lamb Kuzi (Curry) With Rainbow Rice is traveling to the homes in the United Kingdom through HALALSTREET UK.
How is this rainbow rice done?
- Heat ghee (clarified butter) in a pot or wok, then add onion, garlic, lemongrass, ginger, star anise, cardamom, cloves and cinnamon sticks. Saute until fragrant, then toss rice in scented ghee.
- Transfer rice into rice cooker, then stir in water, coconut milk, pandan leaves and salt to cook.
- Meanwhile, get ready 3 edible food colourings of your choice .
- The moment the rice is done, remove pandan leaves and poke three holes (about 1-inch diameter) into the cooked rice. Pour one colour into each hole, and immediately restart rice cooker to steam the rice.
- When the rice is done, fluff up rice to mix the colours to serve. It is best eaten with chicken curry and cucumber slaw.