Daging Dendeng D’Astana (Beef Jerky)
Beef dendeng is traditionally served during festive events such as Hari Raya (Eidulfitri), weddings, special occasions and everyday eating. While dendeng generally refers to dried thinly sliced beef in Indonesia, in Malaysia it evokes images of deep, rich and flavoursome dish with the perfect balance of sweet and spicy heat.
Note : This is a just a suggestion. The sky’s the limit when it comes to whipping up something gastronomically new using ingredients that you have in your pantry.
How to make a Daging Dendeng D’Astana wrap the Asian way?
- 2 wraps of your choice (Plain, garlic, etc)
- 4 Tablespoons of Mayonnaise
- 4 Tablespoons of spicy and sweet chilli sauce
- A few pieces of beef jerky
- A stalk of green onion
- Tomato, lettuce and other greens of your choice
- First, cut the beef jerky into bite size pieces so that it is palatable
- Second, chop the green onion stalk into small bits
- Third, mix the mayonnaise, chilli sauce and chopped green onion until they are a well blended mixture
- Fourth, spread the chilli mayo mixture on the wrap
- Fifth, assemble everything on the wrap. Drain excess sauce from the beef jerky so that the wrap does not get soggy. Then roll the wrap up
- Cut into half or savour it as a whole
Beef Jerky Wrap
To know more about daging dendeng, please click here
To see more food products on HalalStreet UK, click here