Chilli Sauce is a condiment that most Asians love and look for when enjoying their favourite fried food. Ingredients typically included in chilli sauce are puréed or chopped chili peppers, vinegar, sugar and salt. It is then cooked until the mixture thickens. Additional ingredients may be included like, water, garlic, other foodstuffs, corn syrup, spices and seasonings. Some varieties use ripe red puréed tomato as the primary ingredient.
Whatever ingredients that are being used, one thing is for sure. It always makes the food item taste better and gives your taste buds an explosive fusion of spiciness, sweetness and saltiness.
How About Making Chilli Sauce Tofu In 10 Minutes
- 1 onion (thinly cut into slices)
- 1 bottle chilli sauce
- 1 firm tofu (Wash and cut into cubes)
- Pour some oil in a frying pan and pan-fry the cubed tofu. Remember to pan-fry in batches and to sear on both sides. Leave them on a plate with paper towel to cool.
- In the same frying pan, add a little bit of oil and saute the onions for a minute or 2. Add in ¼ cup of chilli sauce (you can add more or less according to your preference) and mix well.
- Add in the pan-fried tofu and give a good toss and mix. There is no necessity to cook for long as most ingredients are already pre-cooked.
- The tofu in chilli sauce is now ready to be served. Plate it up and garnish with spring onions or cilantro. Goes well with steamed rice, bread, pasta, noodles and porridge.
To know more about Sambal, please click here
To see more food products on HalalStreet UK, please click here