ARAB RICE is actually a middle eastern rice dish that has become a hot favourite among Malaysians. When there are big gatherings, special occasions and festive seasons, you can find Arab rice on the menu. It pairs well with fried chicken, rendang, salsa and many other tantalizing dishes.
Let’s Cook Arab Rice Using QALIFAH ARAB RICE (NASI ARAB)
- Wash Basmathi rice a few times until the water turns clear in your last wash.
- In a pot with 50ml of water, add the washed basmathi rice and soak rice for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Boil 600ml of water with the Mandy Rice Sauce in a pot.
- When water has boiled, add in the soaked basmathi rice.
- Let the rice cook until water evaporates.
- Fluff up the rice and sprinkle the Rose Water & Saffron sparingly and randomly.
- Do not mix or fluff the rice after adding Rose Water & Saffron.
- Leave it to cook for another 20 minutes on low flame and the Arab rice would be ready to be served.
- Plate the Arab rice and garnish with coriander leaves, fried cashews and raisins.
- Serve with fried chicken, rendang, salsa, a great cucumber salad or any spicy curry dish of your preference.
Fresh Salsa to go with Arab rice
- 2 Fresh tomatoes (dice them up)
- 1 cup Fresh cilantro (chop them up)
- 1 cup red and green bell pepper (dice them up)
- 1 Red onion (dice them up)
- 2 Garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 Lime (get ¼ teaspoon of lime zest and then squeeze the lime for juice)
- Chilli powder and cumin
- Sugar – just a touch balances out the acidity of the tomatoes and lime.
- Salt and pepper – the salsa would taste flat without the salt and pepper adds a light kick.
- In a large bowl combine ingredients A and give a good mix.
- Then add ingredients B to spruce up the salsa. Do a taste test and adjust to suit to your preference.
- Serve in a bowl with some cilantro as garnish.