‘Selera Rimba’ Starter Combo Pack
‘Selera Rimba’ Starter Combo Pack is a dream come true for many cooks who are beginners and for those who wish to dish up something authentic and Malaysian for their loved ones. In fact it is a great gift for those who miss Kampung (village) recipes or have never tasted traditional Malaysian cuisines.
Let’s Make Ground Beef Rendang Pasta
- ½ cup of ground beef (wash and pat dry with paper towel)
- ½ pack of pasta of your choice (Cook the pasta Al Dante according to the instructions on the packet. Save some of the pasta water for later use.)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of Rendang Paste (use according to your preference)
- 1 small onion (peeled, washed and sliced thinly)
- Cilantro for garnish
- Salt and sugar (optional)
- Pour some oil in a heated pan or wok. Add the ground beef and pan-fry it till it turns dark brown. Then remove the pan-fried beef and place it on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- In the same pan or wok with the balance oil, add in the sliced onions and saute for a minute or 2 until the onions soften.
- Add in the rendang paste and give a good mix. You can increase the paste according to your preference. Do a taste test to adjust the paste, salt and sugar.
- Add in the pan-fried beef and give a good toss and mix. Ensure that the ground beef is coated with the yummy sauce. If you find the paste too thick, you can thin it with the pasta water that you had saved earlier.
- Finally drop in the cooked pasta and give a final gentle mix. Ensure every single pasta is coated with the sauce.
- The dish is now ready to be served. Plate it up and garnish with cilantro. Serve it while it is still hot.