Semolina is a coarse flour made from durum wheat, a hard type of wheat. When ground into a flour, durum wheat is known as semolina and used all over the world in bread, pasta, and porridge. This flour is darker and more golden in colour than all-purpose flour. It has a mild, earthy aroma. Along with its culinary uses, semolina also benefits weight management, heart health, and your digestive system.
What is Ghee?
Ghee or clarified butter is typically prepared by simmering butter, which is churned from cream, skimming any impurities from the surface, then pouring and retaining the clear liquid fat while discarding the solid residue that has settled to the bottom. Spices can be added for flavoor. The texture, coloor and taste of ghee depend on the quality of the butter, the milk source used in the process and the duration of time spent boiling.
Semolina & Coconut Cookies
- 3/4 cup semolina
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 15 almonds or more if needed
- 50g icing sugar for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 180º C
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly oil.
- Beat the eggs, sugar and oil in a large bowl.
- Add the coconut, semolina, salt and baking powder. Mix until well combined.
- Take 1 Tbsp of dough for each cookie and shape into a ball then flatten it a bit.
- Decorate with icing sugar, then place the cookies on to the baking sheet and add an almond on top of each one.
- Bake at 180º for 15-20′ and enjoy!
To know more about Semolina, please click here
To see more food products from HalalStreet UK, please click here