The love for Sambal Penyet has embedded itself into our food culture and now it is part of our local favourite food to eat. It is essentially a spicy sambal that goes well with a piece of smashed crispy fried chicken served with, rice and some veggies. Sambal Penyet can be eaten with hot rice, bread or pasta without being re-cooked. Can be re-cooked with favourites like fried fish or fried chicken.
Note : This is a just a suggestion. The sky’s the limit when it comes to whipping up something gastronomically new using ingredients that you have in your pantry.
Sambel Penyet Wrap the Asian way
- 1 or 2 large wraps of your choice (plain, garlic, etc)
- A few slices of tomatoes
- Veggies of your choice (lettuce, rocket, kale, etc)
- A few strips of fish fingers or chicken fingers
- Sambal Penyet (Use to your hearts desire but don’t over do it as the wrap will get soggy)
- Lightly toast the wrap on a saucepan
- Spread the Sambal Penyet generously on the wrap
- Arrange the greens and tomatoes
- Arrange the fish or chicken fingers
- Roll the wrap and eat it as a whole or cut it into 2 pieces. Serve immediately after making as the samabal sace will make the wrap soggy. Enjoy
To know more about Ayam Penyet, please click here
To see more food products from HalalStreet UK, please click here